Why a Diaper Bank?
1 in 3 US families needs help paying for diapers.
Infants need up to 12 diapers per day, toddlers about 8.
Disposable diapers can cost $70 to $80 per month per baby.
The Short Years Diaper Bank was created to meet a community need. Families who are already struggling financially have a hard time keeping diapers in stock for their little ones. With your help, we can alleviate this financial strain and make sure our community's most vulnerable citizens have this most basic of needs met.
How Can You Get Involved?
Drop Off Diapers
Diaper donation bins are available at the following locations: Indianola Public Library, Norwalk Easter Public Library, Carlisle Public Library, and Milo Public Library. We hope to continue to add donation boxes throughout Warren County.
Host a Diaper Drive
Diaper drives are great projects for groups of all kinds—student councils, church groups, families, and more. Learn more or Contact Ricki Schroeder for more information at Ricki@shortyears.org or 515-442-6003
The Short Years Diaper Bank is available to any Warren County family who meets the income requirement, and to PAT program participants in Madison and Dallas County. Diaper pick-up is every fourth Thursday of the month from 4:30-6:30. Registration is required.
If you have an immediate need or unique situation, contact Ricki @ (515) 442-6003.
A few other notes:
● Only the parent or legal guardian may request diapers.
● We cannot accommodate requests for specific brands of diapers.
● We make every effort to accommodate diaper sizes Newborn to 7, although availability is limited to stock on hand. Please make sure you register each month to guarantee size availability.
● Diapers distributed may not meet all your diaper needs; this program is intended to be supplemental.
● We are unable to guarantee the availability of training pants. Any training pants in inventory will be distributed on a first come first serve basis.